Journey
Cross Country
“Blue you’re up,” said Miss Simeon. Whaea Gaylene was supporting and so was Mr Lindsay. After that we went off singing “Kikorangi hot to go hottogo aah ooh hot to go ahh ohh hot to go.”
Not long after that we Were all ready to walk across. As we were walking over I was thinking if I was going to come first, second or third. “I might as well do you boys first,” said Whaea Rosina. My heart was pumping, My leg was shaking and butterflies were tickling my stomach. “Ready go!” Said Whaea Rosina. We all took off like bullets coming out of a rifle. I was in the lead but Esmonde was right behind me and then Haihana. Inside my body was like a racing track with cars racing on it. A couple of seconds later Esmonde Flew straight past me and there and then I knew he was going to beat me. Just before I went up the hill Haihana caught me and so we jogged together.
As I finished my first lap I could see Esmonde about to go up the hill. So I said to Haihana “ Come on man, let’s pick up the pace”. Then we went jogging a little faster than we had been.. As we were coming outside the round part We Walked for a little and then behind was Miss Simeon and she was encouraging us. Then just before the end at the last checkpoint I stopped and had a little rest but Haihana didn’t; he tried to beat me. But then I quickly sprinted all the way. As I was, sprinting I could hear people cheer Haihana and me on. Just before the finish I passed Haihana, I could see some of the blue team jumping up and down. “Second,” Whaea Rosina told me after I crossed the finish line. “Yes”! I said “In your face Haihana!”
Not long after that we come back to school and had a sausage and an ice block. My legs felt like they were broken.
That was a cool day and I’m afraid that was my last cross country at Tautoro school but next year I Know that blue will win because we got Whaea Gaylene on our team and Mr Lindsay. That was really fun and challenging.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.