Monday, 30 November 2015

Recount

The Falls

I can feel sweat dripping down my face. There were butterflies in my stomach because I haven't been to the falls in ages.It doesn’t smell at the falls because its fresh water. Kabooooom! goes the water as I jump in.

It was a Sunday afternoon. My brother Stevie-Ray took me, my sisters and Peri for a swim. There were lots of people, some of the people that were there I didn’t even know. The people that I knew were the Matene brothers. Te Ari and I did a bomb together. It went really high, mostly because Te Ari.

Not long after that we had a comp to see who could do the biggest bomb. Te Ari was first. His went higher than the rock. Next was Albert; his was a whippy, It was as high as Te Ari’s. I was next. I didn’t know how to bomb but I still tried , 1, 2, 3 kaboom! I hit the water and my back slapped the surface. It was really sore. Next was Kohuroa and Enid. They bombed together to make their bomb higher than Te Ari’s. The last person to bomb was Peri. His bomb was only little. Kohuru’s little cousin could bomb bigger than Peri.

Te Ari and Albert won the comp, Peri came last and it was worth it. We also saw a lot of people, we all had a great swim and I hope we go for another swim at the falls next Saturday and Sunday or even week days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.